This article will cover how to utilize the replace creative feature within the creative setup portion of your campaign as well as use cases for when to utilize the tool.
Things to Consider:
- When to use: It is only best practice to use the "replace creative" for either video or Multi-Touch creative when you need to replace a live creative instead of launching a new ad group/set.
- An example of this would be that you are updating to a new logo, misspellings in the ad, change of background image, color, etc. Can also be used when only updating the Multi-Touch ad where you don’t need performance reporting on the original creative.
- Reporting Impacts: The new name for the replaced creative will override the names of the previous creatives in reporting, which means the previous data will fall under the new asset name as it will be a new line item. If you need historical data to match with the old asset name then we recommend uploading as a new ad set instead as you won’t see the date when the creative was changed.
- Launch Nuances: Once you replace the creative, the status will change to “Queued”. The new asset will then immediately go live once it gets approved.
- If rejected, the campaign will continue to run the original ad group.
How to Replace Creative:
First, go to the creative you are hoping to replace and open the ad set. Underneath the creative preview, you will find the three vertical dots drop down where you can access and select "Replace Creative".
Once you click on “Replace Creative," you will select one of the 4 options: My Creative, Browse Templates, Blank New Ad, or Static Upload. From there you will find and select the creative you wish to utilize moving forward.
The platform will give you a preview of the old and the new creative to ensure you are utilizing the correct ad set. If everything looks good, simply click the green icon "Apply to Campaign.”
After you have applied the new creative to the campaign, you will see new creative under "Queued" tab until it has been reviewed and approved. Once the new ad is approved, it immediately takes over as the “Live Creative” and you have successfully replaced the creative at this point! If the ad set is weighted then it will automatically go live. If not, it will go live once you weight that ad set over 0%.
For more information on weighting your ads, see this article.