If you utilize Shopify as your commerce platform, you may install our MNTN pixels directly from the Shopify web platform.
In this article, we'll cover:
Installing the Tracking Pixel & Shopify Data Layer Snippet
The tracking pixel will allow you to track user activity across your site to generate audiences based on your first party data and to track Verified Visits after a user has interacted with your ads.
The Tracking Pixel lives in your MNTN account.
The Shopify data layer snippet lives here.
STEP 1: Navigating to the Theme Code
- Start by opening up your Store dashboard by selecting "Online Store".
- Next, select "Themes" from the dropdown on the left hand panel
- Next, in your Current Theme section, select the three dot dropdown.
- From the dropdown, click "Edit Code" to open up your website code.
STEP 2: Editing the Theme Code
- Once within the theme code, select "theme.liquid" under the Layout folder.
- Next, place the Tracking Pixel right before the end of the body </body>
- Then, place the MNTN Shopify Datalayer Snippet in between the opening and closing head tags <head> </head>.
- Once the pixel & snippet have been installed, click Save in the top right hand corner.
Installing the Conversion Pixel
The conversion pixel will be used to track your conversion event such as a purchase or sign up. Activity generated from the conversion pixel will be used to both optimize your campaigns and track Verified Conversions that result after exposure to your ads.
The Conversion Pixel lives in your MNTN account.
STEP 1: Navigating to the Checkout Settings
- From the bottom left hand corner, select Settings to open your settings panel.
- Next, select 'Checkout and accounts'
STEP 2: Editing the Checkout Settings
- From the checkout settings, scroll down to "Order Status Page".
- Paste the Conversion Pixel within the 'Order Status Page' textbox. (Do not place the pixel anywhere else)
- Once complete, click Save
- Finally, navigate back to the MNTN platform and select the "I Installed This" button in Account Settings to notify the MNTN team that your pixel is ready.
Also, please fill in any relevant site details under the “pixels” section and “site details”.