MNTN Performance TV allows you to onboard and target your specific retention audiences on streaming television. CRM targeting with MNTN allows you to message your engagement, purchase, loyalty, or other retention audiences directly in their living room for your Prospecting campaigns where you can include or exclude your CRM list. You can also layer in 3rd party audiences from the Oracle Data Cloud to expand your audience even further.
Strategy and planning are the most critical steps of CRM campaigns. If you message all your audiences at the same time with the same message, you won't expect great results. So, it's important to build out your targeting strategy before launching.
In this article, we'll review:
- Determining Your Audience Strategy
- Determining Your Creative Strategy
- Determining Your Budget
- Evaluating Success
Determining Your Audience Strategy
CRM audiences allows you to reach several key segments. Consider which audience makes the most sense for your campaign goals.
- Engagement: Engage with a specific audience or re-engage with a lapsed audience to drive website traffic
- Purchase: Message users to drive them to purchase
- Loyalty: Message purchasers to encourage a repeat purchase to add to lifetime value or message past purchasers with an intent to complete an action.
- Retention: Message customers that have contract renewals upcoming, or who have recently opted out of a subscription
- Exclusions: Layer in your CRM list as an exclusion on your 3rd party audiences to exclude prior converters or logged-in members
- Segment your email lists by strategy and tie each segment to a unique campaign. This will allow for the easiest review of performance after the campaigns have launched.
- Use recent email addresses for better performance. Someone who has not engaged with your brand in years may not respond immediately to your brand.
- Continue to refresh your list every 30 days. This ensures you are continuing to reach out to the most relevant customer base. Historically. we have seen stale lists decrease performance.
Determining Your Creative Strategy
Once you've determined your audience strategy, next you'll need to decide on your creative messaging. Your creative messaging should align with the overall audience strategy to deliver the most cohesive message to customers and drive them to take action.
When targeting a CRM list we suggest tailoring or altering messaging in both TV and Multi-Touch Ads. Most times these users have different engagement levels compared to a non-CRM audience. We find that specific messaging to these customers performs much better than the same messaging used for non-CRM campaigns.
Determining Your Budget
Budgets should be based on your email list size. All CRM campaigns have a minimum spend requirement of $10,000 and, for every 100,000 email records, you can allocate $5,000 in potential spend.
- You must upload a minimum of 200,000 records to run a standalone CRM audience at $10,000.
- If you upload 100,000 records, you will need to layer on additional prospecting audiences in order to reach the minimum budget threshold.
Your metrics for success will be determined based on your audience strategy and no two campaigns will perform the same. We recommend focusing on metrics that illustrate your campaign reach and campaign engagement.
- CRM Reach (Users Reached/Email Records): Will show the unique user reach across your email list. This metric should be comparable to email open rates for the same segment.
- Visit Rate (Verified Visits/Users Reached): Will show the percent of users who have returned to your site after being exposed to an ad. This metric should be comparable to email click rates for the same segment.