If you want to track your performance analytics in a third party platform like Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture, simply add your tracking tags to the Visit Tracking field in the Creative step of your campaign.
In this article, we'll cover:
- Understanding Visit Tracking
- Implementing Visit Tracking
- Best Practices for Visit Tracking
- Visit Tracking and the Google Analytics Integration
- Learn More
Understanding Visit Tracking
Visit tracking tags (also known as suffix tags) are tags added to the end of a Visit URL. When the URL with the tags is visited, the tags are passed back to Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, or a similar 3rd party tracking platform for tracking.
Implementing Visit Tracking
- From the Tracking Parameters section, follow the steps to first add the landing page to the Visit URL field.
- Next, open the Visit Tracking field to input your visit tracking parameters. Once entered, select Done.
- With the Visit URL and Visit Tracking parameters now entered, click Test All Parameters to ensure that everything looks correct on the final URL string.
Best Practices for Visit Tracking
- Do not include a question mark at the start of the Visit Tracking field. Our system will automatically generate a question mark to link the Visit URL and Visit Tracking parameters. Extra question marks can break our tracking.
- Visit Tracking Parameters should never be included in the Visit URL field, as this can break tracking.
- Every section of the visit tracking string should be separated by a “&”.
- We cannot support the following characters in the Visit Tracking field, as it will break tracking: ?,%, -, +, #, spaces
Visit Tracking and the Google Analytics Integration
All MNTN campaigns will automatically generate visit tracking tags for Google Analytics, as part of our Google Analytics integration. When a Verified Visit occurs, these tags will be passed back to Google Analytics via our API. The tags will follow the below template.
To learn more about our Google Analytics integration, check out our Google Analytics Integration article.