If you want to track your campaign delivery in a third party platform, simply add your tracking tags to the fields located under your Visit URL in the Creative step of your campaign.
In this article, we'll cover:
- Understanding Redirect URLs
- Implementing Redirect URLs
- Best Practices for Redirect URLs
- Sample Redirect URL
- Learn More
Understanding Redirect URLs
A redirect URL allows you to define the landing page when a user clicks on your ad. This will drive all users to the same page and can append specific visit tracking tags to the landing page URL.
This field is exclusive to Display and Extension Creative and cannot be set for Video Creative.
Implementing Redirect URLs
- From the Tracking Parameters section, select the Add or Edit option for the Redirect URL field.
- In the Redirect URL field, input your click redirect tags. Once complete, hit Done.
- Click the Test All Parameters button. For Performance TV campaigns, the Test All Parameters button exists on the Video Creative.
- On the final landing page, grab the URL before the “?” and input it in the Visit URL field. For Performance TV campaigns, the Visit URL field exists on the Video Creative.
- Grab everything after the “?” and input it in the Visit Tracking field. For Performance TV campaigns, the Visit Tracking field exists on the Video Creative.
Best Practices for Redirect URLs
- Always click Test All Parameters when implementing redirect URLs to make sure the links are functioning properly.
- Troubleshooting Tip: If you click Test All Parameters and reach a blank page, check to make sure the tags have been turned on or that the tag campaign has not ended.
- Troubleshooting Tip: If you click Test All Parameters and the final URL looks incorrect, try adding a ? to the end of your Redirect URL.