In a nutshell, retargeting creates a cycle of people who visit your site, leave, and return to make a purchase. The steps are as follows:
- Shopper visits your site and browses products.
- Shopper leaves your site.
- MNTN serves the shopper ads for the products they viewed to bring them back to your site.
- The shopper returns to your site to make a purchase after clicking on your ads.
How is retargeting used?
- Raise your brand awareness
- Remind customers of the products they've viewed
- Promote flash sales or other offers
- Bring shoppers back to purchase items from their shopping cart
If you're now wondering where your user lands when they click your ads, you can learn more here.